Monday, August 6, 2012

TASK 7


  • GRAMMAR : SEARCH FOR COMPLETE NOTES AND EXAMPLES OF THE LITEY DEVICES AND THE EXAMPLES OF "NARRATIVE PARAGRAPH" THAT YOUR LECTURER HAS TAUGHT YOU .

ALLITERATION
The repetition of the first syllables of a series of words and/ or phrases. Modern alliteration is predominantly consonantal. Alliteration can be broken down into two groups:
Assonance:  the repetition of vowel sounds but not consonant sounds.
  • Fleet feet sweep by sleeping geeks.


Consonance:  the repetition of consonant sounds by not vowel sounds.
  • Some mammals are clammy.

HYPERBOLE
A hyperbole is a figure of speech in which an overstatement or exaggeration occurs. Often used in poetry or in casual speech, hyperboles are usually used to create emphasis or effect.
  • The bag weighs a ton.

METAPHOR
A metaphor is a comparison in which one thing is said to be another. The words “like” and “as” are not used in metaphors.
  • You are a gem.
  • Time is thief.

ONOMATOPEIA
Onomatopoeia is the formation of a word that imitates or suggests the sound that it represents.
  • The “oink” of the pig.
  • The “moo” of the cow.
  • The “quack” of the duck.

PERSONIFICATION
Personification is a figure of speech where something nonhuman is given the characteristics of a human.
  • The camera loves me.
  • The flowers begged for water.

SIMILE
A simile is a figure of speech that compares two unlike quantities by employing the words “like”, “as”, or “than”.
  • She swims like a dolphin.
  • She dances as gracefully as a swan

  • BLOG : NARRATIVE PARAGRAPH WRITING

UNFORGETTABLE  CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

I have had a great many embarrassing moments in my childhood life . Some of the most embarrassing moments occurred while I was 11 years old . One of these moments happened during my birthday on the 16th May 2004 . On that afternoon , my mom went to fetched my friends , Shanna and Abby at their homes while my dad went to fetched my cousins . My parents decided to celebrate my birthday at Kidurong Club,Bintulu Sarawak . It’s a place where all the Petronas members to spend their leisure times with their family and friends . For example , playing squash , badminton , go for a swim , playing football , futsal , head to the gym and many more . Moreover , there is a bar and a fine dining restaurant located near there . When we reached Kidurong Club , my mom went to the restaurant to prepare two long tables at the berandah . After that , she ordered all of my favourite dishes . But before that , my mom booked an event hall just next to the restaurant . My parents invited all of their friends and some of my family members to my birthday party . At 2pm , my party started . At first , my mom organised many types of activities for us to play . It was fun and enjoying . I was so happy that time . After playing games , we had our buffet lunch at the hall . Then , at 7pm , my friends , my cousins and I decided to go for a swim . This is the moment that I will never ever forget . That night , Shanna decided to play catch in the pool . So , Abby started the game first . While the others enjoying playing catch , I was busy adjusting my goggle . Then , I heard my mom calling for us to start the cake cutting at the restaurant berandah , but I was so stubborn at that time because I still want to swim . All of my friends and cousins were out of the pool , leaving me all alone there . Suddenly , “AAAAAAAHHHH ! LET ME GO ! LET ME GO ! “ , I shouted . Then , I called for help from my friends and cousins  . But  , they kept on laughing at me . I was been lifted up and down and been hugged tightly . I was struggling in the water . My nose and throat was painful because of the water entering in and out of it . Then , I shouted once again “LET ME GO ! LET ME GO ! ARE YOU TRYING TO DROWN ME ?! PLEASE LET ME GO ! Then , suddenly , when I look whose lifting me up , I was shocked and embarrassed because the person whose hugging me , and lifting me up was a foreigner boy . He boy thought that I was his little sister .  I honestly will never forget that moment . I never have really been that embarrassed in such a long time . I still ask to myself to this day what I was thinking . All I could come up with is that I was young and stupid . That was the day I learned to obey my parents and this is the most unforgettable childhood memories that I will never forget .

No comments:

Post a Comment