- GRAMMAR : SEARCH FOR COMPLETE NOTES AND EXAMPLES OF THE PARTS OF SPEECH
PART OF SPEECH
|
FUNCTION
|
EXAMPLE WORDS
|
EXAMPLE SENTENCES
|
Verb
|
action or state
|
(to) be, have, do, like, work, sing, can, must
|
EnglishClub.com is a web site. I like EnglishClub.com.
|
Noun
|
thing or person
|
pen, dog, work, music, town, London, teacher, John
|
This is my dog. He lives in my house. We live in London.
|
Adjective
|
describes a noun
|
a/an, the, 2, some, good, big, red, well, interesting
|
I have two dogs. My dogs are big. I like big dogs.
|
Adverb
|
describes a verb, adjective or adverb
|
quickly, silently, well, badly, very, really
|
My dog eats quickly. When he is very hungry, he eats really quickly.
|
Pronoun
|
replaces a noun
|
I, you, he, she, some
|
Tara is Indian. She is beautiful.
|
Preposition
|
links a noun to another word
|
to, at, after, on, but
|
We went to school on Monday.
|
Conjunction
|
joins clauses or sentences or words
|
and, but, when
|
I like dogs and I like cats. I like cats and dogs. I like dogs but I don't like cats.
|
Interjection
|
short exclamation, sometimes inserted into a sentence
|
oh!, ouch!, hi!, well
|
Ouch! That hurts! Hi! How are you? Well, I don't know.
|
- BLOG : WHAT ARE THE COMMON MISTAKES THAT OU ALWAYS DO IN WRITING ? DO YOU FIND WRITING IN ENGLISH IS DIFFICULT ? WHAT KIND OF PROBLEM DO YOU FACE WHEN YOU START WRITING ? WHAT AE YOUR SUGGESTIONS TO OVERCOME THE PROBLEM ? DISCUSS.
The common mistakes that I always do in writing are something like grammar errors and spelling mistakes. No matter how much I try to create a perfect sentences, I always end up making more mistakes and get confused. It caused me to lose ideas and makes me to start writing something that is out of topic. Furthermore, I also have problem in spelling a difficult words and sometimes, I always repeat the same words when writing something. I realized that I don't know the synonyms words for the word I used. For me, I don't think that writing in English is difficult. Well, I'm not saying it is easy too. It depends on how much we know about the English language procedures from what we had learn since kindergarten, primary school and secondary school. When I want to start writing, I always need to face the problem which is to think what is a great topic to write and how to create a good introduction of my essays. Besides, I realized that I lack of supporting details which makes me to repeat the sentences. My suggestions to overcome the problem is to let myself reading more English books and try to discover the tips on how to create good sentences. Besides that, listen to English songs and watch English movies more often will make me get used to the language. I believe it is a fun way to learn English. Last but not least, I think that practice to speak and write in English will help me improve my English skills as we will get used to them soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment